Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Rich sour cream coffee cake is filled with an enticing swirl of raspberries and tart Red Currant Jelly. Sweet and satisfying for any time of day.
- 1 cup Crosse & Blackwell® Red Currant Jelly, (melted)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- STIR together flour, 3/4 c. sugar and butter in large bowl. Cut with pastry blender until it resembles bread crumbs. Remove 1 cup for topping.
- ADD baking powder, baking soda, sour cream, 1 egg and extract to remaining mixture. Blend wall.
- SPREAD batter over bottom of greased and floured round springform pan.
- COMBINE cream cheese, remaining 1/4 c. sugar and 1 egg in small bowl. Blend well. Pour over batter in pan.
- STIR together red currant jelly and raspberries in small bowl. Spoon over cheese layer in pan.
- ADD almonds to reserved crumb mixture. Stir to mix. Sprinkle over top.
- BAKE one hour or until cream cheese mixture is set and crust is deep golden brown.
- COOL 20 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Serve warm or cool.